Monday, February 2, 2009

Contractions

So today was not so fun. I started having contractions this morning, didn't think any thing of it. Then I realized they were pretty much every half hour. I thought well that is odd, so I started writing them down. They were coming anywhere between 15 min to an hour. Finally at about 2:00, I called my OB. Told him the situation and he ordered me to go home and rest. I told him at work I sit all day. He said he didn't care, I needed to rest. He called in a prescription for terbutline. Thiswill relax my uterus and hopefully stop the contractions. I am to take it if they become closer together. It is 6:30 and so far they have stopped. Haven't had one since 4:30ish. As long as I am not having any tomorrow, I will go to work. I have a Dr.'s appt in the afternoon so they will check me when they do the ultrasound. No need to worry, I am okay. He will not deliver the babies until I am 36 weeks unless my water breaks or the labor cannot be stop. If the babies were to come now they would be okay, but would have to stay in the hospital until their lungs develop and they have their sucking reflex. So we want them to wait until 36 weeks. That is the update for today.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hang in there. Tyler was a 33 weeker and he only had to stay for 16 days and you would never know it now. At least you are at a point where the odds are with you. Hope you can cook them for 3-4 more weeks!