Wednesday, September 10, 2008

12 wks3days

We went to see our two OB's yesterday. First we went to see the high risk OB, Dr. Jadali. He is very nice. His staff is super nice. They did an internal u/s first. She measured everything, head, arms, legs, etc. She is not 100% sure that the twins are fraternal. There is a membrane that sperates them and I guess by looking at that you can tell what they are. But we won't be sure until we find out the sexes and then if they are the same sex they will test their blood. Identical twins do have the same blood type. It was too early to see what sex they are, but both heartrates were 174. When I was pregnant with Sarah I read that the higher the heartrate the chances are it is a girl. But you never know until the babies come out. But my guess is 2 girls. Then she did the ultrasound on my belly and took more measurments. Then Dr. J came in and did a 3D ultrasound, which was so cool! You can see both babies in the picture. He said everything looked great and we will see him in a month.

Then we went across the hall to see Dr. G, my OB. He asked me what have I done and then laughed. We did get an ultrasound there too. Not nearly as cool as Dr. Jadali's machine though! Dr. G. says everything looks fine for now. He is sending me to get some blood tests done. He will not measure my belly this time. Last time he measured my belly and what ever the number was, that was supoosed to coincide with your weeks, well it never did of course. Anyway, he can't do that measurment because there are two babies and he would not get an accurate number. So I will get much more ultrasounds than normal and I will see him more often. I go back in a month and I think when I am 20 weeks, i will start seeing him every other week. He says I could very well go to 38 weeks, yeah I don't think so! He said to take it easy and eat well. I will give it a shot! We go back October 7th (our anniversary!).

No comments: