Friday, July 11, 2008

I Am Pregnant!






Today we found out that I am pregnant! Here is a picture that Dr. B gave us the day of the transfer. The embryo on the top right s the bad one. That was discarded. The one in the middle is the really good one. It is hatching and ready to latch on to something. Underneath that is the shell from the embryo. Yes we all hatch from an egg. Dr. B uses "Assisted Hatching" when using FET (frozen embryo transfer). What that means is they poke a hole in the embryo to help the process along. The embryo on the left side is an okay embryo. It is just a bit slower at "hatching."

The nurse called me at about 2:30 to tell me the good news. My number was 73 and it needs to be above 20. So that is excellent! I go back on Monday for second test to make sure my numbers are doubling. The number has no indication if I will have multiples or not. According to the computer I would be due March 18th.

I told Sarah I have a baby in my tummy. She is very excited. She already has two names picked out, Pinkey and Fireman. Nice names, huh? Well that is all the news for now. I will write more on Monday.

No comments: