Thursday, June 12, 2008

My First Entry

As you all know we have a website for Sarah that I have been trying to update regularly. Well, I decided we needed to either us a different webpage or do something different. This is where the blog comes in. I wanted something where I could document our fertility journey this time. As we started to go through the process, I realized I didn't write anything down the last time and of course I don't remember much about it since it was 4 years ago. So this is where we are now. I am hoping to share my experience with all my family and friends ans maybe be able to help someone who is going through the same things we are going through to have a baby.

At the end of May Tim, Sarah and I went to see Dr. Boostanfar (who we will call Dr. B because his name is too long to type everytime.). I thought it was important to bring Sarah with us so she can meet the Dr that is going to help us have a baby. And I thought he would want to see her too since it had been almost 4 years since he saw her. We talked a little bit and since I was on Day 4 of my cycle he said I could start on birth control pills (BCP). He did a simple ultrasound (u/s) to check my ovaries. Making sure there were no cysts or fibroids on them. And they looked good according to him. So that night I started the BCP. I took my last pill on Sunday, June 8th.

June 11th was our second appoitment with Dr. B. He again did an u/s and agian they looked good. He ran a blood test to check my progesterone levels and my estrogen levels. All came back good. He said to start the Folgart the next day along with some baby asprin. Folgart gives me the necessary vitamins and the baby asprin will help with ny circulation.

Tomorow, June 13th, I will start my first injection. I forget what it is called. Tim will administer it in the morning. I will get that on Tuesdays and Fridays. I will also continue with the Folgart and baby asprin everyday.

Anyway, that is it for now. I am hoping this blog will be fun for everyone to read. I will not be sending out emails to remind people to check it out. Check it out as often as you would like. I am still trying to figure everything out. I will post pictures once I figure out how to do it. I will update soon.

No comments: